I’m looking for roles of substance: Colors Swathi

Posted by SRINU GUNTURU | | Posted On Friday, August 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Vivacious Swathi seems overcome after winning the best actor (female) award at the 56th Idea Filmfare South for her performance in Ashta Chamma.

Even as congratulatory calls and messages pour in, she says like a true professional, “I am done with appreciation and I intend to return with a better performance.” Swathi also likes to be ‘grounded’ rather than get “carried away” by her newfound success. She feels proud that a Telugu girl has bagged an award for a Telugu film and quips, “it feels nice na,”. On one hand, she is riding high on big appreciation, on the other she also has to contend with a dud like Kalavaramaye Madilo. Again, she won laurels for her performance but the musical bombed at the BO. “It’s a pity that my performance is being appreciated but the film is not doing well. I am proud to be associated with such a wholesome entertainer
but I feel we should have publicised the film better,” she avers. Does the award mean more responsibility for her as an actress? “I am definitely looking out for meaty roles, so I haven’t signed any new Telugu films yet,” she reasons.

Swathi has become a house-hold name in Kollywood, post-Subramaniapuram and claims to have received plenty of offers. “I have signed one Tamil film and I am essaying a significant role in it,” she informs. Interestingly, at the Filmfare Awards function, she shared the stage with the team of Subramniapuram when they won the best Tamil film award. Would she have been more satisfied if she bagged the best actor (female) award for the Tamil film Subramaniapuram instead of Ashta Chamma? “I don’t think so, although many colleagues asked me the same,” she reveals and adds “doing a comic role is a tough job, but essaying a light-hearted role is challenging too. I wanted to change the perception that only serious films fetch you awards and honours. I’m glad I have been able to do that,” she says.

Off-screen, like any other youngster, Swathi loves to watch TV, shop and spend quality with family and friends. “I have full support of my family in all my endeavours,” she reiterates. A typical homely girl, who rarely parties or pubs, Swathi says she’s “happy” with her disciplined lifestyle.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for I’m looking for roles of substance: Colors Swathi

Post a Comment