I am uncomfortable with girls: Ravi Teja

Posted by SRINU GUNTURU | | Posted On Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM

The year 2009 is remarkable for two reasons — viewers lapped up contrasting themes and enjoyed watching period epics and comic-capers with equal interest.

This seems to have worked well for Ravi Teja who is now the flavour of the season with two back-to-back hits Kick and Anjaneyulu. And he’s still raring to go with two plum projects in the pipeline. “I love to move on and do as many films as possible since I hate being idle,” he says. The 40-something actor claims he possesses “abundant energy, is a workaholic” and holidays don’t fit his scheme of things. “After a couple of days away from work, I want to get back to the arc lights,” he confesses.

As an actor, he feels “tickling the funny bone is the key. I have been told that NRIs watch my movies to bust stress. For me that’s a big compliment.” Making a favourable comparison he says that even Bollywood star Akshay Kumar is tasting success with comedy. Ravi’s serious performance in Neninthe failed to impress. Any regrets? “I never regret anything in life. At that point in time we felt the film would work but the audience felt otherwise,” he shrugs.

The lanky actor will display serious shades once again in his upcoming film, a remake of Tamil blockbuster Nadodigal. “It’s a wonderful film that celebrates friendship,” he elaborates. Is it true that he plans to stay away from comedies for some time? “Not really. My film with director Krishna Vamsi will be a full-fledged comedy,” he claims.

On screen Ravi often goes to extreme lengths to woo his love. Would he do that in real life too? “Oh god. No. I am scared of girls in real life. I can’t even make a conversation with them,” he ruefully admits.
A happily married man, Ravi doesn’t enjoy partying and attends “bashes” very, very “selectively” spending time with a “close-knit friends’ circle”, or “watching films at home” and works out “occasionally. I am passionate about my work, so I never feel stressed” he says.


Comments:

There are 0 comments for I am uncomfortable with girls: Ravi Teja

Post a Comment