I don’t believe in being a size zero: Shriya

Posted by SRINU GUNTURU | | Posted On Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Shriya confesses that she’s thrilled that her Hollywood debut film Cooking With Stella has been selected for screening at the prestigious festival, among 300-odd entries from across the world. “I am very happy,” she says, gleefully. So has she planned a specific wardrobe for her global appearance? “Of course, I am discussing with a couple of designers to decide on the wardrobe for the three days of my stay. I am not sure whether I’ll wear a saree, but I’ll certainly walk the red carpet in an Indian outfit because I feel nothing can match the sheer grace and elegance of ethnic Indian wear,” she reasons.

Is she hoping her international venture will fetch her some global awards in the near future? “Not really. For me, being appreciated by the audience is the most important thing, everything else is secondary,” she avers. However, she is expecting her film to do “good business” in India.

Her recent Tamil-Telugu bilingual Mallanna has received mixed response for relying more on style than substance. “People are entitled to their opinions, but the film has opened to a tremendous first week collections which is good enough for us,” she points out. Again her sizzling scenes with Vikram has created quite a furore, but Shriya will have us believe that she’s not re-inventing herself as a hottie. “For me this film was just another character,” she retorts. Nor is she endorsing size zero contrary to popular misconception. “I have been misquoted about that. I don’t believe in being a size zero, nor do I prescribe it. For me a good body is a combination of peaceful mind, positive energy and physical exercise,” she says.


Comments:

There are 0 comments for I don’t believe in being a size zero: Shriya

Post a Comment