Hero Siddhartha casts a spell on media

Posted by SRINU GUNTURU | | Posted On Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM

HYDERABAD: He debuted in Tamil, crossed over to Hindi with a nationally acclaimed performance and landed with a winner in the Telugu film industry. After seven years of acting, and dabbling in direction, screenplay and playback singing, Siddharth Narayan finally agreed to endorse a brand.

“I avoided the role of brand ambassador so far but when I decided to do it, I chose one of the best,” he declared to the media after launching Idea’s ‘Walking Raagas’ as part of the ‘Walk When You Talk’ campaign.

The easy extempore is hardly a new development. “Even when I was public speaker in school I hated podiums,” he says. And that explains the confidence behind the mike.

“I always wished there was a way to talk and walk.” The next thing you know he is strolling up and down the stage with a cordless mike.

It was his first promotion and he had no trouble leaving a lingering smile in an audience full of media people.

Needless to say, it is not the easiest gathering to impress. In a touching show of respect, he even expressed his condolences to the people over the death of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.

A product of many cities, he shifted effortlessly between Telugu and English leaving no confusion about where he belongs when he referred to the Telugu film industry as “our industry.” The charming demeanour and the friendly tone do not go with the supposed ‘low profile’ he maintains. “Well it’s the first time I am doing this,” he says. “But once I am gone you won’t see me till my next movie release,” he quickly adds with a smile.

As for upcoming films, “There is Striker, where I play a solo lead. It’s a biopic of a man in Bombay.” Anticipating the oft asked question about his image he says, “It’s my first action film. I enjoyed working on it more than any other film.”

Since his last Telugu film ‘Oye’ only released in July, he is yet to start working on his next project. “It is an untitled movie. It’s by Prakash Rao, son of director Raghavendra Rao.”

He is not too disappointed by a Telugu movie not making it to the national awards again.

“The way I see it Prakash Raj is a Telugu actor and he won,” he says, never at a loss for answers.

---The Hindu

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Hero Siddhartha casts a spell on media

Post a Comment