I wish Selva all the best: Sonia (Special Intervie...

Posted by SRINU GUNTURU | | Posted On Monday, August 24, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Post her much-publicised split with ace director Selvaraghavan, the actress is in a zone in which decisions take time to be made and relationships take time to be understood. In an exclusive interview, Sonia reveals what went wrong with the script ...

How did things go sour?

I think we lacked basic understanding. It’s not something that’s new; trouble had been brewing for quite some time. We realised that our natures were opposite and as a result, things went for a toss. It’s not that we didn’t try to save the marriage. We did have a long chat about things, but it didn’t seem to work out and here I am.

Is the 7G Selva different from the Aayirathil Oruvan Selva?

Selva has changed since his 7G days, but then, that is quite natural. In fact, both of us come across as different people today. When I married Selva, I knew exactly what I was in for — he wasn’t the kind of person who would take me out to parties! I know he didn’t do that, and I was prepared for it. So, it was never a question of spending more time with each other.


Do you still talk to him?

Yes, we do talk occasionally on the phone. It’s going to be very different now as I have to see him as a friend and not as my husband. I wish him the best of luck for his future.
n Rumours have it that Andrea, Selva’s leading lady in his upcoming Ithu Malai Nerathu Mayaakam, is the cause for the split ... I don’t want to talk about Andrea.

Will you work with Selva again?
That entirely depends on our comfort level in the future. But, I’m waiting to watch Aayirathil Oruvan as much as anyone else. I know the amount of hard work that Selva’s put into the film and I’m sure it will pay off.


What are your future plans when it comes to work?
I’m still young and I’m sure that I’ll get a lot of work here. Some fans still ask me what my next project is and that’s heartening to hear. It means that they can still accept me as an actress.

Lessons learnt ...
Firstly, there needs to be trust. And secondly, an effort should be there from both the sides to save a marriage. Otherwise, it just goes kaput ...


Comments:

There are 0 comments for I wish Selva all the best: Sonia (Special Intervie...

Post a Comment