Nagarjuna doesn't want his son to do remake

Posted by SRINU GUNTURU | | Posted On Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 6:34 PM

The Tollywood's Manmadhudu, Akkineni Nagarjuna, does not want his son, Naga Chaitanya, to do the remake of any of his yesteryear movies. In stead, he wants the young lad, who is set to hit the big screen in the next couple of days with Josh, to develop as an actor of his own style.

Nagarjuna celebrated his 50th birthday on Saturday, which was the hot favourite for the Telugu channels. He also gave interviews to a couple of channels along with his son. In one such interview, Nagarjuna said his son, Naga Chaitanya, would have his own identity.

People have asked me to do remake of some of my father's films. There were offers for me to do Devadas and other movies. But I said no to such offers as that would give a scope for the people to compare. I can't be compared with my father. Likewise, my son can't be compared with me, he said.

The Tollywood is now looking at the new film Josh in which Naga Chaitanya is making his acting debut. The film is set for release on September 3 and there are higher hopes on the film after the super success of Chiranjeevi's son, Ram Charan Tej movie, Magadheera.

Whether Nagarjuna likes comparisions or not, people are set to do that bit comparing Naga Chaitanya with Ram Charan.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Nagarjuna doesn't want his son to do remake

Post a Comment